Today’s post is a simple blueprint to finish your Kiki outfit. It’s mostly following patterns with minor changes.
Kiki has a lacy pair of bloomers that peek out from under her dress as she flies her broom.
- Simplicity pattern 1392 View D
- lightweight white knit fabric (3/8 yd)
- 3/4 yd of 1/4″ elastic
- 3/4 yd of 1/2″ wide lace
Follow the directions on the pattern. If anything, make the legs shorter.
Red Flats / Shoes
- McCalls pattern 3469 View G
- red satin (same material as hair bow) or red leather
- Foam remnant 6″ X 5″ (optional)
I used the same fabric for the shoes and the lining. I left off the foam, ribbon, and soutache.
- McCalls pattern 3469 View C
- yellow or orange-yellow canvas
- lining (I used the purple material from the dress as the lining.)
I left off the embroidered trim.
Now all you need is a black cat and a broom!